If you’re a first time cruiser, like me, it might be helpful to have a Cruise Packing List. I’m one of those planner/organizing types that does so much better if I have a list. Something on paper that I can check off as I’m packing. Are you like that too? This might help!
Cruise Packing List
Here are the givens that you need to make sure you have on you: passport, driver’s license and tickets. And I’m sure you’ve packed plenty of clothes for whatever weather you’re heading into but here are some other items to think about.
1. Clothes: Along with all the daily outfits you’ve packed, plan to pack at least one formal outfit. Then don’t forget to pack a swimsuit or two. Anything else you want to pack, think of things that can be used as dual purpose. Ie: a sarong that can be used as a swim cover-up as well as a long skirt; a simple dress that can be worn with sandals during the day and then, with the addition of accessories and different shoes, worn for dinner another night. And if you have wrinkle free that’s a plus.
2. Electronics: Even if you promise not to check email and work on this vacation, you will need to pack your charging cords for any cell phones, laptops and iPods. Try putting them all in a plastic zip top freezer bag so they won’t get jumbled in your luggage. Also, think about grabbing an underwater case for your phone for taking great pics while scuba diving, etc.
3. The Sun: Make sure you not only pack sunscreen but some aloe or sunburn relief should you need it.
4. Bug Spray: If you’re heading off the ship and out on an excursion, bug spray may be your best friend!
5. A Suitcase: Bringing an extra empty suitcase with you is going to come in real handy for all of those souvenirs you buy. Having a collapsible suitcase or large bag can be used not only for carrying home souvenirs but also for trips ashore or even storing dirty laundry.
Now for me, I’ll be sure to pack my mini iPad for lots of reading. Sure I’m going to head off on some adventure but I’m so looking to plenty of down time to read. So I’m also going to make sure to stock up on plenty of ebooks before I go.
What other must have items would you recommend packing?