7 Ways To Save on Cruises
After our first cruise, we felt like we learned so much!! While our cruise wasn’t expensive to book, all of the extra add ons sure added up quick. If you don’t want to end up spending an arm and a leg on your next cruise, take a look at these 7 ways to save on cruises.
The best tip is to be aware of all the extras charged to your room so that you don’t go over budget. All-inclusive does not usually include alcoholic beverages or soda. If you’re a soda drinker it’s a good idea bring your own (check with your cruise line to see what you can bring aboard).
Here’s a few other tips to help you save on cruises:
1. Off-Season: Booking during the off-season can save you and your family some money. Do your research and choose your dates wisely.
2. Cellular: Check with your cellular provider before you go to discuss your plan and rates that you may incur. While you may want your cell phone to call Grandma or family back at home, you’re on vacation. Take this time to unplug.
3. Laundry: Generally, your ship has a full-service laundry and dry cleaning service but it does come with a price tag. Keep that in mind when packing.
4. Excursions: Do your research. Look into booking cruise-sponsored shore excursions yourself before you board.
5. Coffee: Specialty coffee drinks can be an expensive habit. If you still want to treat yourself while on vacation, some cruises offer a “coffee card” for a reduced, set price that can bring the cost of your caffeine fix down considerably.
6. Upgrades: When you check in and get your room keycard, ask to be upgraded. If there are available rooms, the staff is usually happy to move you to a bigger and better room at no additional charge.
7. Bring Soda: All-inclusive does not usually include alcoholic beverages or soda. If you’re a soda drinker it’s a good idea bring your own (check with your cruise line to see what you can bring aboard).
Going on a cruise can be a relatively inexpensive vacation but remember the above 7 ways to save on cruises to get the most out of your vacation budget!